Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our Journey to Chloe




My name is Ruth Weeks and this is my journey through 2 pregnancies. I guess I'll start with the day I found out I was pregnant. Scott and I went over to my sister's house to take it, and of course, it turned up positive. All I remember is seeing my hand start shaking, and I took it out and showed them and just cried. No one knew what to say. I was definitely not ready for this is all I could think, but believe it or not, by that night, we were already excited about having a baby, and I remember me and Scott sitting in Taco Bell wondering if it was a boy or girl and already talking about names! It was unexpected but we couldn't have been happier about it. The pregnancy went great! No morning sickness or nothing. In December, right before my birthday, we found out it was a girl! It's what I had wished for and we already had a name picked out, Chloe Larissa Weeks. Well, come one day in January I didn't feel her move all day, so I called my doctor and she said to drink orange juice, lay on my left side, and if she still didn't move, go to the hospital. Needless to say, she didn't so there I was laying on the hospital bed just dying for them to get a heartbeat, for a second I thought they did, but it was just my heart beating so fast. Chloe was born the next day January 29th, 2008 weighing only 1 lb. 11.6 oz. She was so beautiful. We got to see her and hold her, she was perfect! She had my long fingers and my little curled toe. :) We had always wondered whose toes she would get, cause her daddy has a boss toe, well, she got both. When I was first asked if I wanted to see her I thought it sounded insane, but as time went on, I was dying to see what she looked like, especially after Scott's only reaction when she came out was, "She's Beautiful!" She was! She is now in heaven with the angels, and we can't wait to meet her. We had a wonderful funeral for her and she will be forever missed and loved by her mommy and daddy and a big group of family and friends.


I love you so much Chloe, and even though I miss you dearly, I know you're in a better place now....


4 comments:

  1. This is Karen, Ruth's mom. Ruth is my younger daughter. It broke our hearts when Chloe was stillborn, but we know that she is in Heaven and look forward to meeting her there. I've seen the Lord working in Ruth's life and watched her become a stronger young woman through this trial. I believe in the power of prayer. . .I've seen it work. Life is tough, but God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just happened to stumble across your blog and want you to know that we will be praying for little miss Hope and for you as well. I can't even imagine what you are going through...what amazing strength you have.
    Dana Avery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth,I have just viewed your journey have been praying for you ,Scott and Hope. I think God is pleased that you are sharing your story with others.
    Keep putting your faith in God and He will see you through what ever the journey. And HIS mercy endureth forever Love and prayers
    Becky Mars

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ruth, I just talked to mom, she told me the news. I am sooo sorry. Call Me!!

    ReplyDelete

Maternity Photos By Lindsey Tomlinson