Friday, July 3, 2009

Precious Moments With Hope


So, I assume that by now everyone knows that our little Hope has went to be with her big sister Chloe in Heaven. We were praying and hoping that she would make it here with us, but unfortunately that was not the case. She was definitely a fighter, though. She defeated the odds just by making it to full term. It was the saddest day of my life, but also the sweetest day. We didn't spend much time with Chloe after she was born due to the trauma of the situation, but we were able to go into this labor prepared and made the best of it. I kept little Hope for 22 hours! After the family went home, and we were moved to a recovery room, just me, Hope and her daddy, I was able to settle down and just be with her for as long as I wished. So, I slept with her all night, well 'til about 4 when I couldn't sleep anymore, then we kept her all day until we were discharged. I spent most of the day lying in bed just staring at my baby girl, and the rest of the day taking tons of pictures of her and just cherishing her very presence. Words can not explain how it felt to spend that precious time with her. Everyone at the hospital treated us so good. I had a nurse that worked overtime just to be the one there with us when she was born. She arrived at 7:28 p.m. (Chloe was born at 7:26 p.m.) weighing in at 5lbs. 11.8oz. and she was 21 1/4" long. She had the longest arms and legs I've ever seen on a newborn! And she had big feet and hands. Just like her mommy! She was more perfect than I could have ever imagined.

I want to thank everyone for all the support and prayers we have been getting. It helps a lot to know that there are so many of you there for us.

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your story all along. It seems like the day was filled with both sadness & sweetness, all at the same time. How wonderful that you cherished all those moments, took pictures, and made memories with little Hope. I am sorry for your empty arms....

    ReplyDelete

Maternity Photos By Lindsey Tomlinson